Kumano Kodo Bike & Hike
Image supplied by Ride Experience
Bike and hike on the Ancient Pilgrimage Routes and Discover one of the roots of Japanese culture.
Kumano in Wakayama prefecture, the area located in the south of Osaka, is surrounded by bountiful nature ― sacred mountains, Japan’s tallest water fall, southern sea sparkling in blue, clear streams, and the naturally created art of rocks.
The Kumano Pilgrimage Routes, collectively called Kumano Kodo, have been leading people to the Three Grand Shrines of Kumano for over 1,000 years. Kumano Kodo is one of the two World Heritage “paths”.
- Bike and hike, relying only on your body, to travel on the World Heritage pilgrimage route, Kumano Kodo.
- Be surrounded by the striking natural beauty.
- Enjoy the spiritual beauty of Japanese culture at the Three Grand Shrines of Kumano, the head shrines of over 3,000 Kumano shrines across Japan.
- Travel along the route with continuous breathtaking views of mountains, rivers, and the sea.
- At the end of a day of riding and hiking, relax and refresh yourself in hot springs (onsen) that have been well regarded by pilgrims for ages.
- Stay at bike-friendly, comfortable inns with finely-tuned service.
- Savor the delicious food cooked with high-quality ingredients unique to this area surrounded by the mountains, sea, and streams.
- Ride on hand-picked scenic and bike-friendly roads (no gravel riding in this tour).
- You can rent a high-quality road bike or an e-hybrid bike.
- The tour is attended by a guide well familiar with both bike riding and Kodo hiking.
- Full support using a large van to ensure your bike ride and hiking are safe and comfortable.
- Shirahama (Wakayama prefecture)
- Kushimoto (Wakayama prefecture)
- 7 Days
- On-road|(Some) Hills|Quiet Roads
- More Options:
- Luxury|Multi-activity|Point to Point
- Tour Language:
- Cost From:
- JPY 280000
Tour Distance & Dates
- 215 Km
- Riding Days:
- (1) November 13, 2019
(2) November 20, 2019
Double Occupancy / Twin Share
Single Supplement: 30,000JPY
6 nights’ accommodation on twin share basis,
6 breakfasts and 6 dinners (Lunch is not included),
First one beverage for a toast (“Kanpai”) in the dinners (Further more beverages are not included),
Tour guide(s) for both cycling and hiking
Luggage transfer by van,
Bike transfer by van during hiking,
Bike bag transfer to the finish point by courier,
GPS device with pre-installed tour routes,
Snacks, fruits and water during ride,
Ride Experience high-performance cycling jersey and a water bottle
Flight costs, Travel expenses to the meeting point and after the tour end, Lunches on riding days, Meals on non-riding days, Bicycles
Bike Rental: 20,000JPY for whole tour (road bikes or e-hybrid bikes)
Report an Error