Cycling for Tourists and Touring for Cyclists
Cycle Tours Global is the world's leading and most comprehensive directory and search engine for cycle tours profiling over 8,000 bike tours in 125 countries from over 1,000 tour operators. Our aim is to match our users directly with the bike tour and tour operator that best meets their desires.
To promote cycle tourism as a desirable and fun way to holiday and also as a responsible and sustainable industry.
We make as many bike tour options as possible, freely and easily available to our increasing number of website visitors - and so encourage and tempt people to holiday the smart way (i.e. on a bike!).
Cycle Tours Global addresses and promotes the following social objectives:
- Health and well-being
- Help combat the obesity epidemic
- Promote fitness
- Travel at a human pace
- Outdoor activity and shared experiences make people feel good and are fun!
- Environmental responsibility
- Few resources required
- Zero carbon emissions
- Low maintenance for infrastructure
- Local economies and communities
- Reduce road congestion and air pollution
- Less demanding on infrastructure and resources with low numbers and often outside peak periods
- Personal transport in this increasingly populated world cannot be met by even more motorised vehicles
- Even flying, per passenger mile, is more efficient than driving a car [a support vehicle is more efficient than a large bus or multiple cars].
Who is behind Cycle Tours Global?
Bruce Robertson is the editor and founder of Cycle Tours Global.
This site started out of my own needs - I have been on cycling tours and want to do more but couldn't decide where to go and I didn't know the huge number of options that are out there. The more I looked into it the more I found - so why not share my research with the whole world? It can be very time consuming and even confusing, particularly if you're not sure what you're looking for - or even what's available. Cycle Tours Global does a lot (but not all) of the research for you, connects you directly with tour operators and makes exploring the options easy and fun.
Bruce has become a well-known cycle tourism advocate and has presented at a number of conferences. He is keen to get out the message of the benefits of cycle tourism so if you know of more opportunities (anywhere in the world) please let him know. Bruce tweets about cycling, local and environmental matters as @BikeTourGuy.
Cycle Tours Global is an independent website and does not make or charge commissions. However we are supported by tour operators and advertisers. A ‘featured’ tour listing may include video and more images as well as preferential ranking in search results - however the profile is still in our standard format and the tour will only appear in searches using the selected filters or criteria